SUMMIT COUNTY SERVICE AREA # 3
Message to Silver Creek Residents regarding a possiblesecondary access
DearSilver Creek Residents,
Followingis important information regarding a possible secondary access between SilverCreek and another point outside of the neighborhood:
1. The County has received manyrequests over the years for a secondary access point to the community,primarily for safety reasons, but also for connectivity. While there is anemergency connection off of Cottonwood Trail, it has been used infrequently. Ithas been verified that the Park City Fire District has access though.
. 2. The County included several optionsfor a connection to outside the neighborhood in the 2009 Snyderville BasinTransportation Master Plan as place holders and for further study. There was apublic process prior to the County Council adopting the Master Plan.
3. The County has always intended to further refine thepossible connections, and will continue to develop and refine options that willbe presented to the residents at a future open house. There will also be a worksession with the Summit County Council. There will multiple opportunities forpublic input. These meetings have not been scheduled as there is still severalmonths’ research to complete.
4. The County will use criteria such as safety, trafficpotential, road construction and maintenance, land acquisition, maintainingrural characteristics of the neighborhood, and cost to evaluate the variousoptions. Currently there is no funding budgeted for the project. There is agrant for future purchase of right of way, but it is not in this year’s budget.
5. It may be determined that the current emergency access isthe best option. While this may limit response time and potential for busroutes, there might not be another viable option at this time.
6. Anyadditional information will be distributed through the normal SSA#3 channelsand posted at the mailboxes.
Thank you for your interest in thisimportant manner, and we look forward to future opportunities for public input.